Please Note: If trophies are not returned by the specified date, points will be forfeited.
- The committee and organisers do not hold themselves responsible for any accident, loss or damage to competitors, spectators, animals, vehicles or property, for any reason whatsoever.
- Late entries will be taken at the discretion of the judge and will be subject to a surcharge.
- Any competitor wishing to make a complaint must do so in writing on the day accompanied by £10. The complaint will be brought before the committee at the next meeting. If the complaint is upheld, the £10 will be returned. In the event of a dispute the decision of the committee and/or judge will be final.
- Competitors must be correctly dressed, with correctly secured British Standard skull caps or riding hats and suitable footwear must be worn at all times when riding on the showground, whether competing or not. In hand classes - the handler must be smartly dressed, no jeans and tracksuits please.
- It is up to the owners to ensure that their pony/horse is the correct height for the class.
- Excessive use of whips is forbidden. Whips must be regulation length (30"). This rule also applies to the loading of difficult horses/ponies and anyone found using a whip excessively will be asked to leave the showground and their membership will be cancelled.
- The use of spurs in ridden showing classes is at the judge's discretion, no spurs will be allowed by junior riders in ridden showing classes or equitation. Regulation spurs will be permitted in show jumping.
- Galloping on the show ground is forbidden.
- The decision of the judge on the day will be FINAL in ALL cases.
- No horse or pony may compete under saddle if it is under 4 years of age. All horses/ponies celebrate their birthdays on the 1 January e.g. a horse/pony born during 2015 becomes 1 year old on 1st January 2016.
- Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances. In the event of a clash of classes, it is the competitor's responsibility to decide which class to compete in.
- Stallions on the showground but must be adequately bitted and competently ridden and handled or they will be asked to leave the showground. Minimum age of rider or handler 14 years.
- Membership numbers (ie. back numbers) must be shown on making entries otherwise non-members rates will be charged.
- Any abuse to judges, stewards or organisers of the show by any member, their representative, handlers or grooms will result in the member being asked to leave the showground and their membership will be cancelled.
- The rider/handler/owner will be asked to remove any animal in poor condition.
- Any competitor who qualifies for any Club Championships such as the Festival Of Champions or similar, will be expected to contact the qualifiers secretary to confirm their entry. Second place competitors must also do the same to confirm their acceptance of a place. It will not be the organiser's responsibility to contact prospective competitors, if in doubt please ask.
- Foals competing at the show must be AT LEAST 30 days old on the day of the show.
- No horses will be permitted on the show ground which come from any premises which has had strangles unless the yard has been strangles free for at least 4 weeks.
- Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times.
- No competitor should knowingly enter a ridden class whilst pregnant.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Whilst every care is taken, the committee takes no responsibility or liability for any accident or injury caused to horses, ponies or competitors/spectators or any property whatsoever. We would ask all competitors/spectators to conduct themselves in a way not to cause any incidents. By their very nature horses can be easily startled, we would ask you to bear this in mind.
Please keep dogs on lead at all times, and remove any dog dirt in a safe and proper manner. Please place all rubbish in the bins provided on showground.